Well, I've found myself in Korea... for the second time, in both my life and this year. Luckily, through a friend, I found Kimchee Sinchon which has (thankfully) saved my wallet... both times.
I'm not a picky person so I've gotten by with a 8-bed mixed room for 10,000\, basically the equivalent of 10$. The staff has been amazing and I have (and will) leave without any complaints. The staff is extremely tentative (although attitude-y, just kidding!) and easy to talk to. They actually remembered me when I came back the second time! We actually have a small, yet obvious inside joke that whenever I leave I'm going off somewhere to go clubbing, in which, I'd like to add that they're not judgmental of their customers and very quick to respond when I put any attention to the problems that I may have with my stay. Basically, if I need to stay at a hostel the next time in Korea, of course Kimchee Sinchon will be my very first choice.
This hostel is conveniently located between both Hongdae and Sinchon which makes the stay that much easier. Not to mention that it's close to two coffeeshops which is necessary for people like me because traveling to another country is exhausting. Since it's a hostel, it's a hot-bed of foreigners and I've managed to meet interesting people during both of my stays.
What else can I really say about this place? It's saved a lot of space in my luggage considering the fact that I have not needed to pack a towel (they tend to take up half of my luggage) and shower gel. The kitchen has pots and pans so you can just buy food and make it at the hostel if you're quickly burning a hole through your wallet. You also get a key for your room and a locker to lock your things away if you're afraid of having anything stolen.
Oh, something that I've always enjoyed while walking around is the cute signs that they post up everywhere, which are either threatening or encouraging. And I mean that.
I forgot to take a picture of it, but there's a sign in the toilet stalls that basically say that "if you throw away trash in the toilet, I'll kill you!" which I assume is a joke, I haven't heard of any murders here lately, not to mention that I've never thrown trash in the toilet... just as a safe measure.
10/10 (and I'll be coming back!)
Overall, for those who are too lazy to read, at 10,000\ a night, you really don't have anything to lose especially if you're broke enough from paying for your ticket to Korea, so why NOT try kinchee sinchon guesthouse?


No comments:
Post a Comment